Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Buckle Up

What difference does a year make?

Fall 2009
there were rust colored leaves, chilled and smoky winds and knit sweaters.


Fall 2010
there are sunny evenings, shorts and sundresses, palm trees and pools.

The sadness that choked me with tears for a good part of the summer and early autumn
eased at some point-
my eyes slowly drying, clearing with illumination at God's unfolding invitation.

You can't read "Radical" by David Platt
and "Just Courage" by Gary Haugen
and "Chosing to SEE" by Mary Beth Chapman and others
and stay calmly unmoved.
They are dangerous books.

Missions.
Unknown Changes Ahead.

This Move, this Year has been unexpected for
little, near-sighted me.
This Move has shaken my vision for the Road Ahead and caused reflection.
What we have both seen as we have gained perspective is a life of
opportunity
we just didn't see before.
It's life-altering, paradigm-shifting, game-changing.
This Writer is climbing into the passenger seat of a vehicle headed into a
brilliant, blinding unknown.
Hanging onto the dashboard,
unsure what exactly we are racing toward
I say:
"I'm in - Let's GO."
2010 has been the Year of Surprising Bends in the Road.
May 2011 be the Year of the Pedal to the Metal -The Year of Gunning It.
Hang on, y'all.
*******


3 comments:

  1. Esty, I love these pics, especially the one with the sun shining through. You guys make wonderful pics! I'm looking forward to 2011 being a "gunning it" year as well! I can't wait to hear about your drive.
    I've been thinking about that Sarah Groves song "Less Like Scars." The words definitely fit! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! Could these photos be any more perfect!!??!! Well, I guess when they have your baby girl in them, they will be! =)
    Love and miss you all!
    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful collection of pictures and words. I had no idea you felt this strongly about having a daughter. It looks as if your dream may soon be a reality. God has big plans for all of us in the new year. I can sense it....I'm excited to see what's in store. You are my precious daughter and I dearly love you. Mimi

    ReplyDelete