Friday, September 17, 2010

Autumn? Autumn Who?


This is a Dancing Lady.
Or so This Writer is informed by my BFF, who knows her horticulture.
She lives in my backyard in a hedge that no one but our family sees, along with her fellow Dancers, about a dozen of them, dancing right ouside our home.
The flower, that is -not my BFF.
And I think she is just lovely.
The flower AND my BFF.
Just FYI.
*************

We are still in the middle of a scorching summer here at the Beach.

It's still hot and we know it will be for many more weeks before we get relief.

However, this Writer can tolerate it WAY so MUCH more than I could when we lived near the Beach a few years ago when I was pregnant for the better part of 3 years.

~~~Quick FLASHBACK~~~

me, circa October 2005


YIKES.

me, circa April 2007

Holy Cow.
(No pun intended.)

So, suffice it to say: This summer has been MUCH more tolerable indeed!

Now that everyone lives on the OUTSIDE of my person, even if we do snuggle alot.


We might be a get all sweaty and miserable by the time it's over...but homeschooling affords us some really fun "field trips"

like this one to the "Happiest Place on Earth".




I complained to the Hub about this last one:

"He (DoodleBug) just cannot take a straight picture at age almost 8, can he?"

under my breath

to which the Hub responded:

"Well, he is in prison with Zurg after all, so..."

Enough said. I take myself too seriously.

So, summer may not be winding down here yet but we are finding plenty of ways to keep busy!

See you at the Beach...

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that I miss you guys? I am glad you are having fun, but it takes me reminding myself sometimes to remember that I'm glad about it. And that dancing lady is really amazing. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete