Monday, June 8, 2009

This is mostly for the grandparents' benefit.

Welcome, Self - to the 21st century.

You should know that this blog will be mostly devoted to cutesy stories about my boys: Doodle Bug, Honey Monkey and Little Bunny.
There will most likely not be any philosophizing, reccommendations or commentary of any nature other than parenting.
Undoubtedbly most of the anecdotes will sound vaguely familiar as if you saw them on an episode of "Leave it to Beaver" or in a cartoon once.
I don't pretend we are a prefectly original family - however, I do tend to think my children are all stand-up comedy-circuit-ready and thrilling geniuses.
If you had us over, you'd think it was feeding time at the zoo~when you have three boys and are gloriously as outnubered as I am, I welcome your observations and suggestions.
We both want our boys to be
strong...
full of discernment...
aware of convictions...
but sensitive to teaching...
kind...
faithful...
pure...
loving...
brilliant...
courageous...
&
we want them to come find us still on this Mountain in 35 years.
Still happy, still in love, still probrably in this house because it is full of quirks that only we love and we would never be able to sell it I'm fully convinced, and still growing ourselves.
Forgive this blog and this Writer if I am terribly self-indulgant at times.
Forgive rambling, improper use of punctuation, misspellings, occasional rants, run-on sentances, comma misusage, lengthy absences and ridiculous exaggeration.
And know this: I am here to relay what life in a house full of tiny men, their learning mother and their devoted dad looks like.
Everything I am, Everything I have, Everything I know, Everything I love: it's Him; it's Jesus.

7 comments:

  1. love love love it Esty!!! stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOh, I can't wait to read! You're awesome Esty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell your Grandparents "thanks" from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! can't wait to keep up with you in this venue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Esty! So fun to keep up this way!! Happy 4th to you all! Praise God for freedom!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete